No products in the cart.
Rimadyl Chews are a medication used for dogs that causes very few side effects, making it a common choice for long-term pain relief. The medication is sold with a prescription from a veterinarian and is a brand name version of the drug Carprofen or Novox. A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine, Rimadyl is similar to ibuprofen used by humans in that it alleviates inflammation, lessens pain and eases fevers. Most often, dogs are given Rimadyl Chews to manage the symptoms of osteoarthritis in order to decrease joint stiffness, swelling and pain and allow older dogs and large breed dogs that develop arthritis early to remain more active. Only one dose is needed per day, and the medication comes in an easy-to-administer chewable form.
Just like humans who are getting older and heavier, arthritis is very common in dogs too. This is usually found in large or overweight dogs that are elderly. Help relieve the pain of arthritis on your dog with Rimadyl Chews.
Also known by its generic name Caprofen, Rimadyl Chews is a form of NSAID or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. It is mainly used as a treatment to help ease the inflammation and pain of arthritis and other joint problems such as hip dysplasia on dogs. Veterinarians can also prescribe Rimadyl Chews as a treatment to reduce canine fever. In some cases, Rimadyl Chews is also recommended to ease pain brought about by dental procedures or surgery. There may be other conditions that can be treated by Rimadyl Chews that aren’t listed above.
Rimadyl Chews is administered on dogs that are over six weeks old and can easily be administered as it is a chewable tablet. It is given as a once or twice a day daily dose, and this effective treatment are tolerated well by most dogs. Rimadyl Chews reduces hormones that contribute to the inflammation and pain in various body parts of your dog. This is a prescription medication and may not be purchased over-the-counter without your veterinarian’s recommendation. It generic alternative are Novox caplets.
The FDA-approved Rimadyl Chews is packed with liver flavor which makes it easier to administer to a dog. Dosage must be prescribed by your veterinarian as well. If you see black, tarry or bloody pet stool after your dog has taken Rimadyl Chews, consult with your veterinarian right away.
Precautions and Side Effects of Rimadyl Chews
- You must get a prescription from your veterinarian prior to giving your pet Rimadyl Chews as this can cause negative reactions on your pet for various reasons.
- Do not give double doses of Rimadyl Chews. If you missed one dosage, then administer when you remember but if you could, just skip it and give the usual dosage on the next schedule.
- If by any chance your dog has overdosed on Rimadyl Chews, seek treatment from a veterinarian immediately. Overdose symptoms include little to no urine production, slow breathing, vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, drowsiness, blurred vision, seizures, panting, and headaches.
- Do not use Rimadyl Chews in conjunction with other medications unless instructed by your veterinarian. It is strictly recommended for you not to give other NSAIDs that are similar to Rimadyl Chews, medications for cold, cough, allergy or pain and those with aspirin while taking Rimadyl Chews.
- Side effects of Rimadyl Chews may include blood in vomit or stool, black or tarry stool, allergic reactions, muscle cramps, weight gain because of retention to fluid, abdominal cramping, seizure, open sores in the mouth and more. If any of these occur, as well as depression, diarrhea, constipation, weakness, fatigue, nausea, headache and dizziness, call on your veterinarian immediately.
RIMADYL is the first and original FDA-approved (NSAID) medication developed specifically for dogs to improve their mobility by reducing joint pain and inflammation. It is the #1 osteoarthritis medication prescribed by veterinarians for arthritis, hip dysplasia and other joint diseases.