No products in the cart.
Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs
If cleaning up your pet’s accidents has become commonplace around your home, Proin Chew-able Flavor Tabs could help your pet feel better and spare you the clean-up. This medication is available with a prescription from a veterinarian and is used to treat urinary incontinence or poor bladder control in dogs. When taken daily, the medication greatly reduces the frequency of accidents due to urine leakage. A brand name form of the medication Phenylpropanolamine, Proin has a time-released formula that helps to keep the muscles of the bladder tightened. Because the tablet is chew-able, it is very easy to administer to pets, and it has a liver flavor that makes it pleasing to dogs and cats’ taste buds. The medicine is offered in different strengths to meet the needs of pets of every weight.
Proin is a liver-flavored chewable tablets that helps to reduce accidents and manage urinary incontinence in dogs and cats. Proin is a prescription, liver-flavored chewable tablet, intended to manage urinary incontinence in dogs and cats, by constricting and strengthening the urinary sphincter.
Proin is a supplemental adrenergic agent, which means it mimics adrenaline or epinephrine, which are the hormones needed to trigger vasoconstriction, the constriction of blood vessels.
Proin also maintains balanced phenylpropanolamine levels, helping to prevent the negative side effects associated with high levels, including heightened blood pressure, and hyperexciteability. Proin is a classified controlled substance in Arkansas, Iowa, Illinois, Louisiana and Oregon.
You and your dog just got home from your daily walk outdoors for him to do his “thing” but after a short while, you see a puddle of urine on the floor. If this is the usual case, and your dog has always been trained not to do such a thing, then he may be suffering from urinary incontinence. Whether it’s for a dog or a cat, Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs is one of the top prescribed treatments that can help manage urinary incontinence as well as help in reducing accidents.
Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs (Phenylpropanolamine) is very easy to administer in your pet as it is tasty and chewable. This must be prescribed by a veterinarian, and you must not use it unless you are given a go signal. The urinary sphincter of a dog or cat is strengthened and constricted by Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs in order to effectively manage urinary incontinence.
A supplemental adrenergic agent, Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs is an effective treatment as it mimics epinephrine or adrenaline. Vasoconstriction or the blood vessel constriction is triggered by these hormones. Phenylpropanolamine levels are balanced in Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs to help prevent side effects including hyperexciteablity and high blood pressure.
Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs should be administered with food and according to the exact veterinarian prescription. The usual dosage is 0.4 to 0.8 mg per pound that’s given every 12 hours. Proin is also available in drops.
Precautions and Side Effects of Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs
- Use Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs only with prescription from a veterinarian. Dosage instructions must be strictly followed.
- The states of Louisiana, Oregon, Iowa, Illinois and Arkansas classify Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs as a controlled substance so if you are ordering Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs, this can’t usually be shipped to these states. It would be best to consult with your veterinarian on how to order.
- Do not use Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs in combination with other medications unless instructed by a veterinarian. Side effects may become worse if epinephrine or ephedrines, which are sympathomimetic drugs are used in conjunction with Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs.
- Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs may cause loss of appetite, hypertension, pale gums, hyperactivity, irritability and difficulty in urinating.
- If your dog has conditions such as cardiovascular disorders, diabetes mellitus, prostatic hypertrophy, hypertension, glaucoma or hyperthyroidism, these may worsen with the use of Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs.
- The risk of hypertension increases when NSAIDs or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used with Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs.
- Tricyclic antidepressants, reserpine, ganglionic blocking agents and amitraz which is used in preventive tick collars and flea control products may also cause risk in hypertension when used with Proin Chewable Flavor Tabs.
PROIN® (phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride) is FDA approved for control of canine urinary incontinence due to poor urethral sphincter tone. Proin is safe and effective, available in multiple strengths, contains no beef or beef by products, and is a liver flavored chewable scored tablet.